BDI kernel debug

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jul 7 04:18:26 EST 2004

In message <200407061331.08613.Schramel.Linux at go.bartec.de> you wrote:

> i have some problems with debugging my kernel. This is the first time i use bdi for kernel debugging. ELDK 3.0 is my toolchain (Target 8270).
> Are there some options in the kernel or in the gdb to set ?

Did you enable CONFIG_DEBUG_KERNEL in your kernel configuration?

Did you read the FAQ section of the DULG, especially
http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/HowToDebugLinuxExceptions
and
http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/HowToSingleStepThroughRFIInstruction

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Death, when unnecessary, is a tragic thing.
	-- Flint, "Requiem for Methuselah", stardate 5843.7