BDI kernel debug

Marco Schramel Schramel.Linux at go.bartec.de
Tue Jul 6 21:31:08 EST 2004

Hi all,

i have some problems with debugging my kernel. This is the first time i use bdi for kernel debugging. ELDK 3.0 is my toolchain (Target 8270).
My bdi2000 can sync with the gdb (ddd) debugger.
I let the kernel run until "start_here", at example. Then i try to step through the source.  I see the source and i can step in it. Sometimes it happens that i spend a lot of time in
linux/kernel/timer.c. Then the output of gdb is "
(gdb) next
 Single stepping until exit from function __cli,
 which has no line number information.

 Program received signal SIGSTOP, Stopped (signal).
 0xc0007dec in __cli ()"

The same output with "step". "Cont" ends also there, although i had set a breakpoint later in the source.

Are there some options in the kernel or in the gdb to set ?

Thanks in advance
Marco

---------
Marco Schramel