PCI daughter card with USB on a 405GP

Xavier Miville xmiville at oerlikon.ca
Tue Feb 24 03:29:10 EST 2004

Hi Sudeep,

I've used a PCI card with a NEC upd720100A HC (a StarTech PCI4USBV2)
with my walnut evb, kernel 2.4.22 and the linuxppc-2.4.22 patch.

The OHCI was working fine, but installation of the EHCI (USB2.0) did
froze the system (didn't had time to debug this problem).

Do OPTi 82c861 and ALi M5273 have OHCI or UHCI for USB1.1? Maybe you
could try the same setup.

Cheers,

Xavier Miville

--