PCI daughter card with USB on a 405GP

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Feb 24 04:09:32 EST 2004

In message <1077553750.11751.7.camel at PC856-DDUVAL.oerlikon.ca> you wrote:

> I've used a PCI card with a NEC upd720100A HC (a StarTech PCI4USBV2)
> with my walnut evb, kernel 2.4.22 and the linuxppc-2.4.22 patch.
>
> The OHCI was working fine, but installation of the EHCI (USB2.0) did
> froze the system (didn't had time to debug this problem).

We tested a Adaptec AUA-200LP USB 2.0 card in  some  PPC  sytems.  It
worked fine when the devices were already connected at power-on or at
least  when  booting  Linux,  while hot-plug would reliably crash the
kernel. As far as I understand such behaviour is typical of  some  of
the alignment/cache bugs in the Linux kernel's USB code.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.