kernel for MPC8260 SBC

Suresh Chandra Mannava msuresh at gamebox.net
Sat Dec 25 19:37:12 EST 2004

Hi,

We developed a SBC based on MPC8260. We are planing to port Linux on it.
I downloaded mpc8260 cross compiling tools from denx.de.

I started cross-compiling linux-2.4.4.
The problem is
I am not able to compile kernel. 8260 specific files in arch/ppc are not
compiling due to not inclusion of
"bd_t" structure. I Included the file "asm-ppc/bseip.h".
Still encountering many errors.

I even tried with linux-2.4.20 and encountered the same problems.
Is there any patch required for compiling the kernel cleanly.

or
I may need to provide board specific information in the form of header
files?

Please provide pointer to the sutiable kernel along with patch.

We have configured serial port on SMC. For SMC, CPM is required.
But there is no option in the kernel to select SMC for serial port.

please educate me on the above issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Suresh Chandra Mannava