MPC82xx enet on SCC3

Dan Malek dan at embeddededge.com
Fri Aug 13 02:55:23 EST 2004

On Aug 12, 2004, at 10:29 AM, Oliver Fuchs wrote:

> as far as I understand, my kernel (2.4.24 from ELDK3.0) is not
> prepared for Ethernet on SCC3 of the MPC82xx.

It depends completely on how you chose the multiplex
the IO pins.  There are quite a few combinations, the
well known ones (for currently supported configurations)
are already part of the file.

> It seems to be necessary to modify arch/ppc/8260_io/enet.c
> Am I right?
> Is there anyone who has done this already?

An #ifdef and two lines of #defines should be all you need,
unless you have some special BSCR or other set up needed.

	-- Dan