Large TLBs on 40x

Josh Boyer jwboyer at charter.net
Thu Aug 12 03:58:33 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 10:30, Dan Malek wrote:
> On Aug 11, 2004, at 9:50 AM, Josh Boyer wrote:
>
> > Hm...  like this?  Against 2.6.8-rc4.
>
> Does it work the way you want it now?

Yep, tested it on my board.  It's not the end goal I am looking for, but
it's a good starting point.

Basically, what I would like to get eventually is large TLBs + protected
kernel text pages.  Like you and Matt pointed out, there are issues with
that.  If it can't be done, then at least I can use this patch to
protect the kernel text pages easily.  Sometimes protection is more
important than performance.  Especially when I am hacking on stuff ;).

Thanks for the help.

josh