Large TLBs on 40x

Dan Malek dan at embeddededge.com
Tue Aug 10 16:04:44 EST 2004

On Aug 9, 2004, at 10:21 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:

> I have some boards I could test such a patch on.  Or is it a case of
> "this isn't trivial to do"?

Ummmmm.....what are we talking about here?

Both MPC8xx, and IBM40x have configuration options for
pinning some (small) amount of kernel space.  You can choose
to enable this if you wish, I don't think it is normally enabled.
I've never found a benchmark that proved either was better,
but I left the code there for others to experiment with.

	-- Dan