Xilinx ML300 u-boot question

Peter Ryser Peter.Ryser at xilinx.com
Wed Apr 14 03:45:43 EST 2004

Mike,

for TFTP boot normally the HW MAC address of the target device is used
for identification. On the ML300 the HW MAC address is stored inside the
IIC EEPROM. Since accessing this EEPROM is not yet supported in the
pusblished U-Boot port for ML300 the MAC address is hardcoded in
board/xilinx/xilinx_enet/emac_adapter.c.

So, to get a machine specific u-boot for every board change the MAC
address and recompile. I'm not sure that you would need the secondary
u-boot then as you could then directly load the Linux kernel in the
second step.

- Peter