Silicon Motion VGA controllers and PPC architecture

Mark Powell medp at primagraphics.co.uk
Fri Nov 14 01:14:18 EST 2003

Laurent Mohin wrote:

>You will find a driver for it on u-boot and also a framebuffer driver in
>Linux (at least in 2.4.20 if I remember well). You will also find an
>accelerated driver for Xfree (I haven't tested it yet).

Xfree driver doesn't work without BIOS, it uses BIOS calls to program
video mode etc.
There is code in the driver to do the same jobs but it doesn't work.

I didn't know there was a driver in U-boot - that is interesting,
thanks. I have been using an earlier version of PPCBoot.
Mark

--
Mark Powell, Senior Software Engineer, Primagraphics Limited
New Cambridge House, Litlington, nr.Royston, Herts, SG8 0SS, UK