linuxppc_2_4_mpc5200 / 5200lite zImage

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Nov 3 00:35:11 EST 2003

In message <3FA4F3B2.6050106 at iti.fi> you wrote:

> I just got Motorola5200 lite board and tried complie
> linuxppc_2_4_mpc5200 from
> denx to it.  When i say make bzImage it complains that __res is undefined

Please "make uImage" and use U-Boot as boot loader.

> Also i got Macraigor wiggler but  saddly noticed that ocd-cmdr does not
> yet work with mpc5200. Any expreincies/suggestions with LOW COST
> OCD debugger for 5200 that can be used loading initial code to empty
> flash on my own board.

I recommend to use a BDI2000 - not exactly low cost, but worth  every
cent of it (expecially since you can alo use it for kernel and driver
debugging).

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own  cynicism,
it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.
                                 - Terry Pratchett, _Guards! Guards!_