linuxppc_2_4_mpc5200 / 5200lite zImage

Kate Alhola kate at iti.fi
Mon Nov 3 00:48:34 EST 2003

Kate Alhola wrote:

> I just got Motorola5200 lite board and tried complie
> linuxppc_2_4_mpc5200 from
> denx to it.  When i say make bzImage it complains that __res is undefined
>
> __res is pointer to external scc buffer descriptors . Least it looks a
> like that it is
> defined in arch/ppc/platforms/icecube.c but this code looks a like
> complete
> board initialization code so i am not sure is it right module to add
> defining __res

It looks a like that i have too much fixation from mpc8xx(x) programming
in this case bd didnt stand for bufferr descriptor but board u-boot
board descriptor
and in this case the mgt5100_tty.c look a like have one dependence
to ppcboot, it took the ibp bus clock frequency from ppcboot bd struct even
not ppc-boot configuration. I replaced it with just plain #define .
Now just i should do testing ...

Kate

--
! Kate Marika Alhola  Internet Technologies International Oy       !