mpc 8260 performance..

gopi at india.tejasnetworks.com gopi at india.tejasnetworks.com
Fri Jan 31 19:40:49 EST 2003

Hi..

  We are planning to use 8260 for our embedded system.  One of the
  job is to do routing of around 40 interfaces, with each interface
  at about 500Kbps duplex.

  We are planning to run it at about 260MHz and SDRAM, say about 256KB.

  Can 8260 take this load of routing without impacting the cpu usage
  too much(say max around 40% usage).  We can assume the MTU to be
  around 1500.

  Is anybody already using 8260 for a similar purpose?

  Are there any studies done on this/ any pointers on the web?

thanx in advance
gopi