Trying to use ELDK to build Ebony/440GP

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jan 31 08:59:24 EST 2003

In message <20030130141657.B25221 at home.com> you wrote:

> > When I run make zImage, I get the following error message:
>
> > /opt/eldk/usr/src/linuxppc_2_4_devel/include/linux/kernel.h:10: stdarg.h: No
> > such file or directory
>
> Interesting, it's not picking up stdarg.h from down in the gcc-lib/
> hierarchy.  Probably an ELDK install problem...hopefully Wolfgang
> is reading this thread since he should have a suggestion on what have
> might gone wrong with your installation.

The problem is caused by the modification of kbuild_2_4_nostdinc; see
http://lists.linuxppc.org/linuxppc-embedded/200209/msg00155.html

We reverted this modification in our version of the kernem Makefile.

I don't know if there is a better approach to fix this problem.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
...though his invention worked superbly -- his theory was a crock  of
sewage from beginning to end.         - Vernor Vinge, "The Peace War"