Can software discover MPC8xx variant?

Leonardo Pereira Santos lsantos at pd3.com.br
Thu Jan 30 04:15:28 EST 2003

Ok, but in this case the hardware itself wouldn't know waht revision or
whatever it is. And they already have to change the processor, so you have to
change the hardware anyway, mount or not a few resistors shouldn't be hard.

> Or you could set it in some type of data structure in your bootloader.  No
> hardware change this way.

- --

Leonardo Pereira Santos
Engenheiro de Projetos
PD3 Tecnologia
av. Pará 330/202
(51) 3337 1237

Today Fortune tells us:
Is knowledge knowable?  If not, how do we know that?