I2C RTC with MPC8xx?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jan 29 23:49:33 EST 2003

In message <3E37CB15.50307 at imc-berlin.de> you wrote:

> what do I have to do to use an I2C RTC (like Dallas DS1337) within LinuxPPC?

Use drivers/i2c/i2c-algo-8xx.c and add your own version of
drivers/i2c/i2c-ds1337.c ?

> I know there're drivers for PPCBoot / U-Boot.

There are also drivers for Linux.

> But how could I access them from Linux?

You cannot access or use any U-Boot code from LInux.

Viele Grüße,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good  men  to
do nothing.                                            - Edmund Burke