Problems installing DENX ELDK

Chris Hallinan clh at net1plus.com
Mon Jan 27 04:35:32 EST 2003

I have occasionally encountered problems with the download itself.
I assumed it was my ISP or simply 'net congestion.  It seems that
ncftp is not great at informing the user of problems with the
download.  I have experienced several times where the 'get ...'
command does not in fact download every file, and it seems to remain
silent about some types of errors.  I have seen it terminate more
than once without reporting errors, although not every file was
downloaded.

What I have done in the past is to issue the command repeatedly
until all the files were downloaded.  In earlier versions (those
distributed with RedHat 7.x, you could see each file reported as
something like "File already downloaded, skipping..." but in the
ncftp version distributed w/ RH8.0, ncftp is silent about that, too.

I'm sure those more familiar with ncftp could suggest a better way!!
I haven't bothered, because the above works for me.

-Chris Hallinan
DS4.COM, Inc.