Problem Exporting Symbol

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Wed Jan 22 22:28:41 EST 2003

I haven't checked the actual sources, but I bet 'va_to_pte' is _not_ a
symbol... it is probably either an "inline" function so the compiler
inserts the function's code everywhere it is "called" (saves the overhead
of the call and return with associated stack pushing and popping).  When
you try to export it, it isn't found.

Solutions:
1) Write your own non-inline "my_va_to_pte" in the kernel and export it.
2) Figure out how to avoid "va_to_pte" in your driver?
3) Don't make your SPI driver a loadable module?
3) Other?
4) Don't inline "va_to_pte" (BAD SOLUTION).

gvb