My Memory map ... how do i pick the virtual address (Aside fr om i mmr and sdram)

Rod Boyce rod_boyce at stratexnet.com
Wed Jan 22 12:04:33 EST 2003

I can tell you now the mapping between physical and virtual not as important
as you make out.  I have Linux running on a board I described to you and
there is no RAM mapped at 0xc0000000.  I suggest you read your chip manual
more carefully.  In my 860 PowerQUICC Users manual chapters 13,14 and 16.

I also remember reading somewhere at IO should be mapped above 0x80000000
but I have not been able to find where I read it in the last two years so
that could be another urban myth that need the cold light of day on it.

Regards,
Rod Boyce