MCR question

Frank Robbins frank.robbins at analogue-micro.com
Sun Jan 19 06:50:18 EST 2003

this runs an address pattern from the UPM table on the address bus.
from the location you set-up the location that terminates in the upm table

You have to write this pattern into the UPM table.

It is normally used to set-up the SDRAM for the 860 as it does not have a
SDRAM controller by default.

So things like the control word for the SDRAM chip have to be written to the
chip via the address bus i.e .. for CAS latency, interleaving etc.

Hope this help

Its really quite clever .. but very confusing

Frank