[PrPMC800] Allocating DMA-able memory with scarce PCI resources

Anders Blomdell anders.blomdell at control.lth.se
Sat Jan 18 06:23:59 EST 2003

Hi,

My PrPMC800's are to be run in as slaves in a PCI-system, where they will
only be alloted a limited amount of PCI-space each (< 1MB), how do I do to
make allocation of datastructures that should be accessible from the
outside (e.g ethernet controllers) fall within a memory area that is
accessible from the PCI bus?

I guess that it has something to do with page_alloc and zones, but I have
[not yet] found out where zones gets initialized...

Regards

Anders Blomdell

  Anders Blomdell
  Department of Automatic Control        Email: anders.blomdell at control.lth.
se
  Lund Institute of Technology           Phone: +46 46 222 4625
  Box 118, S-221 00 Lund, Sweden         Fax:   +46 46 138118