building lilo, grub or PPCBoot for a custom board

BREUVART Jean-Charles jean-charles.breuvart at airbus.com
Sat Jan 18 00:58:53 EST 2003

Hi !

I' succedded in building denx-eldk from rpm packages on my RedHat 8.0
(thanks wolfgang !), and then a 1st linux kernel that I'd like to download
via the VME into the FLash ROM.

So I'm trying to build a cute boot loader (for linux of course !) for my
custom board :

 - VME64x based
 - PCC755 without L2 cache
 - no PCI bus
 - 2Mo Flash 29DL163 at 0xFFE00000
 - 128 Mo SDRAM at 0x0000000
 - a simple UART
 - some analog I/Os

the UART, VME and Flash drivers source code is ok, but I still have somme
questions :

 - where and how to introduce the arch dependent source code in the source
tree of those boot loaders ?
 - how to configure the Makefile to build a light exe ?
 - how to configure the linker command file or ld swithes for a particular
mapping ?

Thanks,

Regards, JC.