2.5 and request_8xxirq

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Jan 16 09:26:19 EST 2003

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 12:25:57PM +0200, Pantelis Antoniou wrote:

> I'm in the process of porting my board based on a MPC850
> from 2.4 to 2.5 and it appears that request_8xxirq is gone.

request_8xxirq is not yet gone in 2.5, but it will be in 2.4 very shortly
now (IIRC, it has made its way to Marcelo) as there were hopes of trying
to replace it with something more agreeable to Dan Malek as well as
everyone else.
But be warned, if you're going to try and use 2.5 on 8xx, it will not
work without changes to the interrupt handler and some minor MM things.

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/