Assistance with using /dev/fb0 and No X windows

Claus Gindhart Claus.Gindhart at kontron.com
Tue Jan 14 18:46:56 EST 2003

Hello John,

i assume you want to see console output on the framebuffer
device.
To achieve this, you need
the framebuffer driver
  from your mail i conclude, that You have a framebuffer driver
a keyboard driver
  the dummy keyboard driver is o.k., if you dont have a physical kbd
Additionally you have to enable CONFIG_VT and CONFIG_VT_CONSOLE
on your system.
Please remove console=ttyS0 from the kernel command line. Put a console=xxx
command, which is appropriate for your framebuffer driver (see sourcecode
of framebuffer driver)