vmlinx and ppcboot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jan 14 05:44:54 EST 2003

In message <3E2300D9.70307 at redswitch.com> you wrote:

> After 'make zImage', here comes the error message.

zImage is not the correct build target if you intend to use U-Boot  /
PPCBoot. Try "make pImage" instead.

> misc-embedded.o: In function `decompress_kernel':
> misc-embedded.o(.text+0x28): undefined reference to `embed_config'
> make[2]: *** [zvmlinux] Error 1

This is not appropriate for use with U-Boot / PPCBoot.

> The comments on embed_config.c say that functions in that file are for
> those embedded 8xx boards that do not have boot monitor support for

Right.

> Since I already have ppcboot running, I think I don't need any
> embed_config stuff, or even boot stuff. Right?

Right.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The human mind treats a new idea the way the body  treats  a  strange
protein - it rejects it.                                 - P. Medawar