Smallest Initrd (ram disk)

Prakash kanthi pkanthi at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 13 13:15:09 EST 2003

Hi,

I downloaded both the ramdisks. I would appreciate, if
you can tell me what should i have as the value for
"root=", in Kernel Command Line. Mine shows as
"Linux/PPC load: console=ttyS0,19200 console=tty1
ip=off root=/dev/part rw".

And also, if i select the baud rate 19200, do i have
to change anything in the linux code other than
initial configuration file (defconfig).

Thanks,
Prakash

--- Jim Potter <jrp at wvi.com> wrote:

> Check out Wolfgang Denk's example ramdisk images at:

ftp.denx.de/pub/LinuxPPC/usr/src/mini-2048kB-ramdisk.image.gz

ftp.denx.de/pub/LinuxPPC/usr/src/simple-ramdisk.image.gz