RAMDISK IMAGES: why no ethernet in my image ... but denx ok

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jan 13 07:18:28 EST 2003

In message <DB0585C9F6F9D411BE8F00D0B7896A4CC06033 at SNCMAIL> you wrote:

> I just managed to create my first ram-disk image. Which seems to work more
> or less ... however my Ethernet doesn't seem to get configured with my ram
> disk image (see out put below) ...

This does NOT depend on the ramdisk image. It  is  either  a  problem
with  your  kernel  configuration (CONFIG_IP_PNP not set), and/or the
kernel boot arguments you pass to it.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
       There is enough for the need of everyone in this world,
       but not for the greed of everyone.     - Mahatma Gandhi