RAMDISK IMAGES(2): ash has no job control ??? ... can't access tt y; job control turned off

Eugene Surovegin ebs at innocent.com
Mon Jan 13 07:08:48 EST 2003

James,

At 11:19 AM 1/12/2003, you wrote:
>I am looking at a ramdisk image ... I am curious if anyone could give me a
>tip as to why when my bash starts I have no "job contol" (ctrl-z etc) ... se
>below ...
>
>BusyBox v0.60.5 (2003.01.09-00:51+0000) Built-in shell (ash)
>Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.
>sh: can't access tty; job control turned off

Look at inittab for busybox.

There should be the line which starts shell on system console:

::askfirst:-/bin/sh

Change it to somethinbg like:

ttyS0::askfirst:-/bin/sh

where the first name is the name of your console device, in this case I
have console on serial port

  Eugene Surovegin <mailto:ebs at innocent.com>