Incoming to hostme.bitkeeper.com:/ua/repos/p/ppc/linuxppc-2.5

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Tue Jan 7 02:45:23 EST 2003

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 04:03:28AM -0800, ppc at bkbits.net wrote:

> ChangeSet at 1.778, 2003-01-06 21:55:54+11:00, paulus at samba.org
>   Small walnut update: don't reference todc_* unless CONFIG_GEN_RTC
>   is set, plus minor syntax fix.
>
>   arch/ppc/platforms/4xx/walnut.c at 1.9, 03-01-06 21:55:49+11:00, paulus at samba.org
>     take out parentheses in #ifdef, add #ifdef CONFIG_GEN_RTC around
>     todc_* references

Ack!  I really think this is the wrong approach, as now CONFIG_GEN_RTC=m
will still not work on Walnut (/ 40x in general).  I think what we
really need is on 40x to either mimic how the 'classic' boards do it,
and have CONFIG_WALNUT, CONFIG_ASH, etc reference todc_time.o, and
always get it, or start defining attributes like had been suggested many
times in the past (ie a walnut, ash, spruce and so on would set
CONFIG_PPC32_USE_TODC_SUPPORT or something).

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/