ioremap64 and remap_page_range in 440GP

Matt Porter porter at cox.net
Mon Jan 6 15:10:07 EST 2003

On Wed, Jan 01, 2003 at 12:15:29PM +0530, Vishwanath wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> In PPC Linux, to bring a particular IO page onto Linux addressing space, we
> use ioremap64(). Is my understanding correct? If I want to map this remapped

Yes.

> address on user space, I have to use  remap_page_range() of kernel in my
> driver.  remap_page_range() takes a 32-bit physical address as argument. But
> in 440GP, all addresses are 36-bit with respect to processor. Is there any
> 64-bit equivalent of remap_page_range(). If it exists, how to use it?

There's a patch to make remap_page_range() use a phys_addr_t and to use
the same bigphys fixups that ioremap() on 440gp uses.  Part of it is
a bit of hack which is why it's not being commited.  See the changeset
description in linuxppc_2_4_devel or linuxppc-2.5 for a pointer to
pick up the patch.

Regards,
--
Matt Porter