wdt_mpc8xx documentation

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Dec 20 07:30:29 EST 2003

In message <3FE12DCD.10609 at tait.co.nz> you wrote:

> Whilst rummaging about the PPC development tree I came across the
> Siemens/SGI/Denx watchdog driver for the mpc8xx. It references a man
> page which so far I've not been able to find (man wdt_mpx8xx(4)) so I'm
> a bit clueless about what the monitor chain code does.

In the top directory of the Linux source tree, type:

	man Documentation/man4/wdt_mpc8xx.4

> It doesn't seem to relate to the generic watchdog_api.txt in the kernel
> documentation (at least the defines don't seem to tie in with any of the
>   ioctl options).

You are right; this watchdog driver provides  a  very  different  API
with a few pretty powerful options (like escalation strategies etc.)

> Any help here appreciated.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
A fanatic is a person who can't change his mind and won't change  the
subject.                                          - Winston Churchill