wdt_mpc8xx documentation

Robin Gilks robin.gilks at tait.co.nz
Fri Dec 19 09:10:53 EST 2003

Andreas Oberritter wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 17:13, Tom Rini wrote:
>
>>>Tom, would you put this driver into the 2.4 ppc trees if I rediffed
>>>it?
>>
>>Have there been any updates since the last one you sent me? I've
>>actually got it in a tree I'm going to get Marcelo to pull from.
>
> That's great news! The driver has not been not changed since then. The
> last patch I sent to you was for 2.4.23-pre7 I think. Thank you!

My reading of your code interprets the resetting of the watchdog as
being from the real-time clock interrupt. This block does not exist on
newer 8xx CPUs so it looks like I'm going to have to hack the code about
a bit for 859/866 CPUs at least.

Maybe I've missed something - I'd be interested in your feedback (after
the Christmas break!!).

--
Robin Gilks
Senior Design Engineer          Phone: (+64)(3) 357 1569
PO Box 1645 Christchurch        Email : robin.gilks at tait.co.nz
New Zealand