the door is closing for 2.4

Dan Malek dan at embeddededge.com
Fri Dec 5 02:34:36 EST 2003

Pantelis Antoniou wrote:

> Once upon a time I had it at least compile, but for my board only.
> But then you mentioned you were working on it and I dropped it.

I had been working on it, primarily to get the processor specific
changes done.

> Could you please elaborate on the tasks that need to be done?
> I know that the head_8xx.S file definetely needs alot of work,
> and you mentioned the drivers.

The serial driver doesn't compile since the serial subsystem was
reworked.  The old data structures used to represent port
information (in particular serial_state) no longer works.
Yes, head_8xx.S needs lots of work, but to me that is the easy part :-)

> What is the minimum stuff needed to make it work at least for my
> boards?

Make it compile again, I'll take it from there.

> I'd be happy to help at least as long as my busy schedule permits.

Me, too.  Just don't be annoyed if it takes me a while to respond,
especially if testing changes is involved.

Thanks.

	-- Dan