the door is closing for 2.4

Pantelis Antoniou panto at intracom.gr
Fri Dec 5 02:06:32 EST 2003

Dan Malek wrote:

> Pantelis Antoniou wrote:
>
>> However I don't think that 2.6 works for 8xx at all.
>

> It doesn't.
>
>> What is the status of 2.6 for 8xx?
>

> It's a f'ing mess.
>
>> Does someone intent to do it, or should I try to give it a shot?
>

> I intended to do it, but I'm so busy with non-PPC stuff I never
> finshed much of anything.
>
> Right now, it won't even compile because all of the drivers need
> updates, then we need the usual processor dependent porting stuff
> done.  I have a pretty good idea what needs to be done, it's just
> more work than the few weekends I thought it would take.

Once upon a time I had it at least compile, but for my board only.
But then you mentioned you were working on it and I dropped it.

Could you please elaborate on the tasks that need to be done?
I know that the head_8xx.S file definetely needs alot of work,
and you mentioned the drivers.

What is the minimum stuff needed to make it work at least for my
boards?

> If someone wants to get the drivers to compile, I'll continue working
> on the processor specific parts and maybe we can get it done soon.

I'd be happy to help at least as long as my busy schedule permits.

> Thanks.
>

>     -- Dan

Regards

Pantelis