the door is closing for 2.4

Dan Malek dan at embeddededge.com
Fri Dec 5 00:55:44 EST 2003

Pantelis Antoniou wrote:

> However I don't think that 2.6 works for 8xx at all.

It doesn't.

> What is the status of 2.6 for 8xx?

It's a f'ing mess.

> Does someone intent to do it, or should I try to give it a shot?

I intended to do it, but I'm so busy with non-PPC stuff I never
finshed much of anything.

Right now, it won't even compile because all of the drivers need
updates, then we need the usual processor dependent porting stuff
done.  I have a pretty good idea what needs to be done, it's just
more work than the few weekends I thought it would take.

If someone wants to get the drivers to compile, I'll continue working
on the processor specific parts and maybe we can get it done soon.

Thanks.

	-- Dan