kernel memory mapping problem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Aug 8 07:32:23 EST 2003

In message <20030807154923.56073.qmail at web105.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> But my functions are serial running on PPC82xx, its
> means that when I mapped the the address using __pa(
> (void *)tmp) to bd_address, then reading the BD's
> status and control registers, if OK, then return from

Just a stupid question: what are the alignment requirements of a  BD,
and which alignment is guaranteed for your tmp buffer?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
This cultural mystique surrounding the  biological  function  --  you
realize humans are overly preoccupied with the subject.
	-- Kelinda the Kelvan, "By Any Other Name", stardate 4658.9