Does Linux kernel use paging or BAT registers before running the first user-level program "/bin/sh"?

dong in kang dkang at east.isi.edu
Sat Aug 9 00:09:25 EST 2003

 Does Linux kernel use paging or BAT registers before executing "/bin/sh"?
How can I test if paging works fine?

  My Linux kernel crashes while it accesses page table entry for argument
page which is called
   load_elf_binary --> setup_arg_pages --> put_dirty_page.
The address of page table entry is 0xb0beffc which is not a valid address.
When the kernel accesses that address, it crashes.
I suspect that paging may not work properly.

Did anybody have this problem?

 Dong-In