8260 MCC Interrupt priority

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Sep 10 05:36:56 EST 2002

Dear Gianfranco,

in message <020c01c25820$89c23880$0700a8c0 at pc005> you wrote:

> I'm currently working on a custom board derived from EST8260. We are trying
> to implement a device driver of MCC to control the interface with a
> synchrounous PCM.
> I have noted that when there is an interrupt on SCC1 (or FCCx) the latency
> time of MCC interrupt increase. Now I'm really concerned about the
> possibility to loose some frame due to an heavy use of such interfaces.

If losing a frame is _that_ critical to you yoy should consider using
RTAI.

> Do anybody knows if there is the possibility to avoid such behaviour (maybe
> allowing an interrupt casting with the MCC ISR)?

With RTAI you can register the MCC as a real-time interrupt which has
higher priority than all Linux stuff, guaranteed.

See http://www.rtai.org/ , and feel free to contact me when you  need
help.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The software required `Windows 95 or better', so I installed Linux.