NFS Mount

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Sep 10 02:50:09 EST 2002

Dear Aman,

in message <007001c2581e$af4a9900$370da8c0 at aman> you wrote:

> My root path in the dhcpd.conf  is /hdb/mydir/mykernel , this where I have
> un tar the linux kernel source for PPC.

This is wrong. You have use a directory which contains  a  filesystem
with native tools, dev entries, libraries, etc.

> My doubt is , will there be a filesystem already in the linux source at the
> location /hdb/mydir/mykernel or I have to create it. If I have create it,

The linux kernel source is just that: kernbel source. It does not contain a root filesystem.

> how should I go about.

Get and install our ELDK. It's free. See
http://www.denx.de/re/ELDK.html

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"I didn't know it was impossible when I did it."