NFS Mount

Aman aman at mistralsoftware.com
Tue Sep 10 02:33:52 EST 2002

Hi All
I have a basic question.
I have build a kernel image using the ppc linux source. Now I want to
download the image using NFS from the host. When I tried to boot the image I
am getting the following error.

VFS: Mounted root (nfs filesystem).
 Freeing unused kernel memory: 220k init
Warning: unable to open an initial console.
 Kernel panic: No init found.  Try passing init= option to kernel.
<0>Rebooting in 180 seconds..

My root path in the dhcpd.conf  is /hdb/mydir/mykernel , this where I have
un tar the linux kernel source for PPC.
In the exports file I have exported the path /hdb/mydir.

My doubt is , will there be a filesystem already in the linux source at the
location /hdb/mydir/mykernel or I have to create it. If I have create it,
how should I go about.

Please help me in solving this issue.

Thanking you in advance
Regards