MPC8260 serial on SCC support

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Oct 23 05:35:11 EST 2002

Dear Dejan,

in message <00c001c279ff$0f8b6450$db00000a at dejanj> you wrote:

> Is there support for serial console on SCC for MPC8260 in latest kernel
> distributions included in the ELDK or kernel version on the ftp://ftp.denx.de?

Yes, of course. See arch/ppc/8260_io/uart.c

> I am using custom MPC8260 board that has serial on SCC. Also I am using ELDK
> with the kernel version linux-2.4.4-2002-08-09.
> I cannot find the SCC serial support.

Please look again.

> I also saw posts with the patches for serial on SCC for MPC8260 and downloaded
> the patch but could not patch the kernel sucesfully.
>
> Is there some other patch for this or how can I include support for this in my
> kernel?

You don't need any patches when using our kernel; it has been  tested
with  up  to  6  x  serial  ports  (2  x SMC, 4 x SCC, for example on
MicroSys CR826/PM826 boards).

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
To the systems programmer,  users  and  applications  serve  only  to
provide a test load.