/dev/vme Permissions for users other than root...

Wolfgang Grandegger wolfgang.grandegger at bluewin.ch
Thu Jan 24 05:43:13 EST 2002

Hi JoAnna,

I think the following code fragments in the ioctl function of the VME driver
simply prevent normal users from doing "bad" things:

                /* Is this the right capability to use ? Everybody seems
to use
                 * CAPS_SYS_ADMIN as a default to replace suser().
                 */
                error = -EPERM;
                if (!capable(CAP_SYS_ADMIN)) break;

Hope it helps,