Compiling kernel with -g option.

Jerry Van Baren vanbaren_gerald at si.com
Thu Nov 8 04:33:55 EST 2001

Thanks for the clarification.  "copy_to_user" didn't ring any bells with me
(will now :-) and the original message didn't show it as an obvious
unresolved reference.  This means that this could also be fixed by removing
the "inline" attribute, but -O1 is a MUCH better option.

I also was incorrect on my allowable relative branch range (stoopid memory
going flaky on me again -- one of these days I'll to look things up before
saying stupid things).  The branch is a signed 26 bit number (2 LSBs are
zero because the destination must be 32-bit aligned) which gives a
+/-32MByte range.  Pretty generous.

gvb