linuxppc_2_4_devel on walnut

Kenneth Johansson kenneth.johansson at inn.ericsson.se
Thu Nov 8 04:39:08 EST 2001

This is a litte update.

I did indeed not use the default configuration. The default worked fine.

The problem with the network was a typo in the command line and no problem
with the driver code but something is funny in the ip autoconf code.

So now it sets the ip and stuff over bootp but the nfsroot fails without even
trying to go out on the wire. This was with the code from 2001-10-29.

So I updated to todays version recompiled with the default and now I don't
get any output from the kernel even on the serial console. I did not have
time to read thru every patch since oct 29 today so I ask is this problem
known to exist at this point.

164 80 Stockholm                  kenneth.johansson at inn.ericsson.se