dcache BUG()

Eli Chen eli at routefree.com
Tue May 8 08:43:01 EST 2001

> I looked at the atomic.h code and think I found one bug, however it
doesn't
> solve my problem.  See if this patch makes sense to you.  Looks like a
typo
> when the atomic_* functions were converted from assembler to inline.  The
> bne should be 'bne-' for the atomic decrement operation.

The "-" after bne is just a hint for the branch prediction mechanism I
believe (the 5th bit in the BO operand).  I couldn't figure out why every
other atomic_* function besides atomic decrement has "bne-", but that
shouldn't affect the behavior.  I have also tried changing it to "bne-", but
it has no effect.

Eli