dcache BUG()

Cort Dougan cort at fsmlabs.com
Tue May 8 08:35:46 EST 2001

Can I get a tar file of your kernel tree that exhibits this problem?

} Just to be clear, we do have several active subscriptions with MontaVista,
} and have contacted them numerous times in the past month about this issue.
} Unfortunately they were unable to provide a solution.  This kernel was the
} latest that MontaVista had for the 4xx as of 3/7/2001.  This was the 2.4.2
} kernel.  I applied the 2.4.3 patch to bring it up to date with the latest
} bugfixes.  The version as report in /proc/version:  Linux version
} 2.4.3-mvista_010303.
}
} I looked at the atomic.h code and think I found one bug, however it doesn't
} solve my problem.  See if this patch makes sense to you.  Looks like a typo
} when the atomic_* functions were converted from assembler to inline.  The
} bne should be 'bne-' for the atomic decrement operation.
}
} Regards,
} Brian
}
} *** atomic.h    2001/02/26 19:07:19     1.1.1.2
} --- atomic.h    2001/05/07 21:13:54
} ***************
} *** 86,94 ****
}
}         __asm__ __volatile__("\n\
}   1:    lwarx   %0,0,%2\n\
}         addic   %0,%0,-1\n\
}         stwcx.  %0,0,%2\n\
} !       bne     1b"
}         : "=&r" (t), "=m" (v->counter)
}         : "r" (v), "m" (v->counter)
}         : "cc");
} --- 88,96 ----
}
}         __asm__ __volatile__("\n\
}   1:    lwarx   %0,0,%2\n\
}         addic   %0,%0,-1\n\
}         stwcx.  %0,0,%2\n\
} !       bne-    1b"
}         : "=&r" (t), "=m" (v->counter)
}         : "r" (v), "m" (v->counter)
}
}
}