dcache BUG()

Brian Kuschak brian.kuschak at skystream.com
Tue May 8 08:19:51 EST 2001

Dan,

Just to be clear, we do have several active subscriptions with MontaVista,
and have contacted them numerous times in the past month about this issue.
Unfortunately they were unable to provide a solution.  This kernel was the
latest that MontaVista had for the 4xx as of 3/7/2001.  This was the 2.4.2
kernel.  I applied the 2.4.3 patch to bring it up to date with the latest
bugfixes.  The version as report in /proc/version:  Linux version
2.4.3-mvista_010303.

I looked at the atomic.h code and think I found one bug, however it doesn't
solve my problem.  See if this patch makes sense to you.  Looks like a typo
when the atomic_* functions were converted from assembler to inline.  The
bne should be 'bne-' for the atomic decrement operation.

Regards,
Brian

*** atomic.h    2001/02/26 19:07:19     1.1.1.2
--- atomic.h    2001/05/07 21:13:54
***************
*** 86,94 ****

        __asm__ __volatile__("\n\