initrd problems

Mark A. Greer mgreer at mvista.com
Fri Jan 19 12:13:21 EST 2001

Where did you get this version of that kernel?  From the MontaVista CDK or from
the website?  If from the website, when did you get it?

Try this (if its not already done).  Go into arch/ppc/boot/head.S and add the
following lines after the set up of r6 to hold the cmd_line.

        /* r4,r5 have initrd_start, size */
        lis     r2,initrd_start at h
        ori     r2,r2,initrd_start at l
        lwz     r4,0(r2)
        lis     r2,initrd_end at h
        ori     r2,r2,initrd_end at l
        lwz     r5,0(r2)

Go into arch/ppc/kernel/sandpoint_setup.c.  Find sandpoint_setup_arch() and add
something like (again, if its not already there).

     #ifdef CONFIG_BLK_DEV_INITRD
             if (initrd_start)
                     ROOT_DEV = MKDEV(RAMDISK_MAJOR, 0);

       #endif