menuconfig for PPC860T

Dan Malek dan at mvista.com
Wed Jan 10 05:18:44 EST 2001

Brian Ford wrote:

> For about the last week, make xconfig has stopped working for the
> EST8260 board in the 2.5 bk tree.  It dies with:
>
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ford/linux/src/linuxppc_2_5/scripts'
> cat header.tk >> ./kconfig.tk
> ./tkparse < ../arch/ppc/config.in >> kconfig.tk
> statement not in menu
> make[1]: *** [kconfig.tk] Error 1

Aside from this, I don't think anything but the manual 'make config' has
ever worked for the 8260.  The problem is I set two processor type
configuration variables, CONFIG_6xx and CONFIG_8260.  Most of the
scripts try to be "smart" and only allow one to be set.  I know
'make menuconfig' doesn't work properly, I suspect 'make xconfig'
does the same (unless Tom has fixed this recently :-).

	-- Dan