Flash Driver

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Aug 15 05:54:51 EST 2001

In message <3A494DE356A49A40B37442E1E0D9F3B506341D at ptah.ad.newisys.com> you wrote:

> Can I have the dd commands once again? I am not using busybox stuff.

dd if=some_file of=/dev/flashXY bs=ZZZk conv=sync

whith:

X = 'a' for the first, 'b' for the second flash bank, etc.
Y = number of the flash partition (1 = 1st, 2 = 2nd, etc.)

ZZZ = your erase block size

For instance, I can use

	dd if=/tmp/ppcboot.bin of=/dev/flasha1 bs=128k conv=sync

to write a new PPCboot image to soem of our boards.

Be careful - /dev/flasha is the full 1st flash bank  (unpartitioned).
The devices names are similar to those of harddisks.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Remember, there's a big difference between kneeling down and  bending
over.                                                   - Frank Zappa